Sunday, February 7, 2021

Post #2 iPad Apps

This week I will be writing about communication in Apple product apps, more specifically I will be writing on how they help students communicate. Just like the iPhone the iPad has "iMessage," a messaging app used to contact and communicate with others. One of my favorite side kicks of the iMessage app is that it can partner with other apps for additional support. Many young teachers use the “Remind” app to keep their students updated on assignments with the students having to download the app. The teacher simply sends a text through Remind and to iMessage in order to notify the students. Another great Apple app is “Notes,” which I use for collaboration with my peers and fellow students on group projects. The downside to this app though is that it uses up your icloud and can quickly make you run out of storage. Because of this I try to only use note sharing when I have to. “Garage Band” is another wonderfully advance apps that is great for music majors but does take a toll on the storage on your devise. I’m a music minor so I make fare use out of Garage Band but it is unfortunate just how excited I get about deleting my work. The app uses up so much of my storage and slows down my devise so much. At the end of the semester I think my devise is about to die because of how slow it has gotten when in fact it is just that I need to clear through old homework from garage band. To end this spiel, a fantastic app would be “Voice Memos.” I personally think it is an underrated app, it records messages, songs, memories, and whatever else you need. My favorite feature of the app is that files can be saved and sent to others to download onto iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post #10 Final Review

We have finally come down to the 10th and final post! This will be a reflection of the NMC Horizon Report for technology in higher educati...